Wild Academy Under 13s Show Great Progress Upon Deeside Return
The Wild Academy U13 team narrowly lost 5-3 away to local rivals Deeside Dragons U13 team on Saturday night but, despite the defeat, there are many positives to be taken from their battling display.
In the first meeting between these two teams back in September, in what was the Wild youngsters’ first ever competitive game, they were hammered 22-3 before later being awarded the game on a technicality – so to narrowly lose out by just 2 goals a matter of months later shows how far these players have progressed in their debut season.
Most of the damage on Saturday was done in the first period where the Dragons rushed to a 3-0 lead and Widnes had to wait until the 22nd minute for Adam Vigh-Yecsey to score their first goal.
The two teams exchanged goals after that with Wild’s top goal scorer Cody Ogden bagging a brace to bring his total to 13 for the season.
Guest netminder Harry Bird from the Manchester Storm Academy took over from Roberts Ziraks in the Widnes goal for the latter part of the game and gave a good account of himself.
The resulting 3-5 scoreline sees the Wild U13s in 4th place in the league table with 6 games left to play. They are next in action this Saturday 9th March when they entertain league leaders Nottingham U13s at Planet Ice Widnes. Face off is at 6.50pm and admission is free.
- Saturday 2nd March 2019 – EIHA North Under 13 Division 3
- Deeside Dragons U13 5 – Wild Academy U13s 3
- Period Scores: 3-0, 1-2, 1-1
- Shots on Goal: Deeside 21 – Widnes 24 (12-3, 4-14, 5-7)
- Penalties In Minutes: Deeside 2 – Widnes 0
- Widnes Scoring: Cody Ogden 2+0, Adam Vigh-Yecsey 1+0
- Report by Paul Breeze (www.icehockeyreview.co.uk)
- Photos by Geoff White (www.gw-images.com)
The post Wild Academy Under 13s Show Great Progress Upon Deeside Return appeared first on YKK Widnes Wild.