Mos held by the Hornets at the Hive

BracknellAway_180217The Invicta Dynamos came away from the Hive at Bracknell both stung and frustrated after being held to a 4-4 draw against the Bracknell Hornets in Berkshire on Saturday in the NIHL South Division 1.

The Mos welcomed back Josh Condren from a fractured toe but had to make-do without Damien King, Arran Strawson, Nicky Lewis, Adam McNicoll, both Wootton twins and Ashley Jackson. Coach Kevin Parrish also gave a start in goal to James Richardson ahead of John Dibble.

The Dynamos had a great chance to grab an early lead within the first minute when the Hornet’s Danny Hughes sat in the penalty box for two minutes on a tripping penalty but netminder Daniel Milton would be equal to any effort he faced – the best falling to Ondrej Zosiak. At the other end James Richardson denied both Conor Redmond and Michal Oravec with the game quickly switching from one side to the other. Scott Bailey then found Bailey Wootton in space but the in form forward’s low and hard shot saved by the goalie. The Mos finally grabbed the opening strike on 05.41 from an unlikely source – Elliott Dewey. The Dynamos were a man up following Oravec’s hooking penalty and a Dewey shot found its way to the twine – the D-man assisted by Callum Fowler and Adam Rehak. The visitors were to be undone though by giving away a powerplay goal themselves later in the period – Rehak forced to sit two minutes for slashing and, just a minute in, the Mos were unable to stop Oravec hitting the target unassisted for 1-1. Shaken and certainly stirred the Mos fell 2-1 behind 30 seconds later – ex-Dynamo Connor Redmond nipping in to beat Richardson however Steve Osman equalised on 16.00 – placing the puck past Milton following good build-up play involving Zosiak and Bailey for 2-2 at the end of the first.

Adam Rehak had the first Dynamos chance in the second period but would find Daniel Milton standing firm. Fowler then had a great opportunity to beat the shot stopper when the Hornets were defending another penalty but, after skipping a challenge, his shot was saved. The Mos did however regain the lead on 25.57 – Fowler cutting a pass between two Hornets players for Adam Rehak to race onto before steering around Milton for 3-2 – Tommy Ralph with the 2nd assist. Ondrej Zosiak and Bailey Wootton almost found Mason Webster lurking in a good position moments later but Wootton’s pass was well read and cut out. Josh Condren then hit the goal frame and Richardson denied Oravec with the period coming to a close with the score at 3-2 in favour of the visitors.

In the final period Bailey Wootton had a seemingly perfect goal washed-out early on despite the puck clearly hitting the back of the net – and how costly was that decision would prove to be later on. Firstly though, the Mos edged 4-2 in front – Tommy Ralph scoring his first goal for the club on 45.17 with a powerful drive from distance and assists going to Steve Osman and Wootton. Just over a minute later a lapse at the back by the Dynamos allowed Michael Oravec’s pass to find Danny Hughes sprinting clear and he left James Richardson no chance to cut the deficit to 3-4 on 46.43. The Hornets looked the better team at this point and it was no real surprise when they drew level on 51.04 for 4-4 – Ben Ealey Newman scoring assisted by Hughes and Gregory. Moments later Callum Fowler was the second Dynamos player to hit the metal work whilst Danny Hughes also suffered the same fate at the other end. Richardson then pulled off several saves to see the Mos settle for a single point at the final buzzer.

Man of the match awards went to Dynamos’ Scott Bailey and Hornets’ Jordan Gregory. Bracknell netminder Daniel Milton faced 33 shots for a save percentage on 87.88%, whilst James Richardson faced 38 shots for a save percentage of 89.47%.

Written by Lee Allen.

You may also like...