Injury hit Mos ruffled by Raiders in cup

londonresult_221016It was a heavy and painful defeat for the injury ravaged Invicta Dynamos at Lee Valley on Saturday night as they lost out 10-5 to the London Raiders in the NIHL Southern Cup.

Coach Kevin Parrish had to juggle his line yet again as injuries to several players restricted the Dynamos to only 12 skaters with the likes of Callum Fowler and Steve Osman still missing. The latest injuries also meant Tommy Ralph missed his first Invicta game whilst in the net Parrish called-up veteran Glen Rodbourne following the news that Damien King and James Richardson would also miss the weekend.

Thrust back into the action Glen Rodbourne started the busier of the two netminders – saving early to kill the puck after only 49 seconds. Josh Condren then weaved through a challenge from Sam Roberts to shoot agonisingly close to the target beyond netminder Ross Miller before London turned straight around with Bailey Chittock being denied at the other end. An interference penalty on London’s Julian Smith gave the Dynamos a powerplay on 06.24 but attempts by Ondrei Zosiak and Adam Rehak were saved by Miller to keep the game level. With the powerplay gone the Dynamos continued to step-up a gear and the reward almost came not long afterwards –Condren having a goal disallowed for kicking the puck into the goal. On 09.54 Rehak and Ashley Jackson then combined to set-up Haydn Wootton who claimed his 3rd goal in as many games to put the Kent side into the lead. Six minutes later the Mos doubled that lead, Mason Webster’s determined puck carry finding Rehak who dispatched past Miller for 2-0 to the visitors. Glen Rodbourne managed to save 15 shots by the 19th minute – but was beaten on 19.20 – Slavomir Buda sweeping beyond the netminder with JJ Pitchley assisting.

The second period was a disaster for the Dynamos – although they did regain a two-goal lead briefly when the Ashley Jackson converted on 21.47 after being found by Arran Strawson – Josh Condren claiming the second assist. From that point onwards it was pain for the Mos – 7 goals conceded in just over 11 minutes all but killed the game. Goals were claimed by Marek Nahlik (2), JJ Pitchley (2), Jacob Ranson and Tom Davis (2) as the Dynamos’ heads dropped. In between the goals on 29.23 London’s Mark Robinson was given a game penalty for leaving the bench to get involved in a tussle between Arran Strawson and Jacob Ranson.

The Dynamos did look better in the third period but fell further 10-3 behind after conceding two further goals to JJ Pitchley for his hat-trick on 44.44 from a rebound and Bailey Chittock on 51.19 who’s shot deflected off Josh Condrens stick. Invicta had a second goal disallowed by referee Blaine Evans when he ruled the goal frame was moved before the puck crossed the line but did grab two further consolation goals – Adam Rehak’s second of the night on 55.18 and Haydn Wootton also doubling up at 59.51.

Man of the match awards went to Ashley Jackson and JJ Pitchley. Invicta would be looking to return to winning ways on Sunday night when they entertained the Wightlink Raiders.

Written by Lee Allen.

You may also like...