Hawks Academy Round Up


Weekend Round up


Hawks U13s V Nottingham U13s

Our under 13s team faced top of the league Nottingham with a score to settle from the last time we faced them, coming home with a loss. The Hawks knew they had to be at their best to keep up with a strong Nottingham team.

We looked the better team at the start of the 1st period, creating opportunities, spending time in the offensive zone and a slick pass from Cian Shorrock to Oliver Massey was finished nicely to take the lead 1-0. Nottingham regrouped and evened the score after less than a minute. After lots of end to end hockey for over ten minutes each team had chances but failed to find the net. however, Nottingham struck with 3 successive goals before the end of the 1st period, taking the lead 1-4 at the first break.

Start of the 2nd and again some chances for Hawks but a solo effort from Nottingham stretched the lead to        1-5. With the pressure ramping up and the atmosphere quiet, we needed a goal to spark a comeback which we achieved with a goal from Porter Harrop assisted by Linc Hodgkinson – 2-5. With a face off won by Hawks, Linc went on a run and bagged a solo effort – 3-5. The atmosphere was definitely on the rise. Nottingham took a penalty and Linc played Oliver in for the perfect finish – 4-5. Nottingham applied some pressure but the Hawks rebuffed all with some excellent defensive zone play and with a breakout from Porter to Oliver, who tied the game at 5-5 a brilliant period for the Hawks ended with no further score.

The start of the 3rd saw both teams pushing for the win with some tense moments and great play from both teams both in attack and defence. The game changing moment came when a blocked shot by Owen Hartley sent Oliver out of the defensive zone to bag the lead 6-5. All game long the effort from Nottingham was intense and the resilience of the Hawks meant they held on to take the 2 points and go to top of the league lead.

Blackburn Hawk Academy U15s –    Blackburn Hawks v Deeside

Deeside took the lead early on and by the end of the first period the score was 0-3. The second period saw that scoreline increase to 0-6, but Hawks kept pushing and Ben Fox scored to bring the score to 1-6 at the end of the second period.

Another 2 goals for Deeside in the third led to the final score of 1-8. This was a tough defeat to take for the lads and ladies but although this wasn’t the result we all hoped for, it was a very exciting game to watch. We are a new team to this league trying to learn from every game and hope to improve this score on our next meeting.

The post Hawks Academy Round Up appeared first on 'Full 9 Yards' Blackburn Hawks.

You may also like...