Glasgow Clan 1 – 3 Guildford Flames

Glasgow Clan slipped to another league defeat as Guildford Flames continued their good run over their Scottish rivals, winning 3-1 at Braehead Arena.

While the effort of the Clan players couldn’t be faulted in what was a hard-fought game, they came up short as Flames made three wins from three against Zack Fitzgerald’s side this season.

The home side almost got the opening goal when Travis Ehrhardt smashed a shot in from the blue line as it flew past Guildford goalie Wouter Peeters, but an infringement in the crease from Scott Pitt meant the goal didn’t stand.

This was confirmed after review from the referees and Paul Dixon’s side got an early let off to keep the score blank after the first period.

Flames went a goal up three minutes in the second as home netminder Patrick Killeen dealt with a Ben Davies chance initially, but couldn’t get there quick enough to deny Owen Griffiths, who finished the rebound.

Calle Ackered was dangerous around the blue line and eventually, one of his efforts paid off as it bounced off Killeen, with Kruise Reddick batting in the finish to double the lead.

It was another goal that needed goal line tech to clear up any dubiety and once more, Clan were on the wrong end of the final decision after review.

Glasgow got one back on the board five minutes from the end as Scott Pitt worked a pass out from the right, which Nolan LaPorte swept in at the back post.

Flames could have killed the game off with a shorthanded chance as Ian Watters found himself clean through on the home goal, but Killeen came up with a huge save to keep Clan in it.

The third period saw Clan put plenty of chances on the Guildford net, but netminder Peeters was in top form in a man of the match performance as the time ticked down.

It was to be Flames’ night in the end as Watters took advantage of a misplaced pass to then come forward and fire his shot into the net and confirm victory of the Surrey side as they moved above Clan in the standings.

You may also like...