Flyers Double Flames

The Flames got off to a quick start, but that turned out to be the high point of their evening as the Fife Flyers had a couple of goals in each period to collect a 6-3 win over the visitors from Spectrum. 

The long journey didn’t affect the Flames start with Kruise Reddick staking the visitors to a lead just 23 seconds after opening faceoff.  A pair of replies by Carlo Finucci, however, one at 3:29 and another in the 14th minute on the powerplay, had the Flyers in a lead they would not give up the rest of the way. 

Just 68 seconds into the 2nd period, Paul Crowder extended the host’s advantage to 3-1 and a few minutes later they had their 4th through Evan Bloodoff.  The Flames did reply late when Ben Davies pulled his club back within a pair.  

Any thoughts of a Flames comeback were erased early in the 3rd when Crowder added his 2nd a few minutes in and then Evan Stoflet’s immediate follow up had the Kirkcaldy side enjoying a 4 goal gap the Flames would only cut into seconds from time when Joshua Waller changed the final tally. 

“I say it just about every game, but these guys do play for 60 minutes regardless of the score,” explained Head Coach Paul Dixon.

“We didn’t get what we came for tonight, but it certainly was not through lack of effort.”

“Timely scoring is proving a bit difficult at the moment, but our experience is that it will change if guys just keep working hard and we certainly don’t have any worries in that department.”

“Sunday is a new day and we will get home and see if we can change the result when we have a replay of the game at Spectrum.”

Neil Tucker

Neil has written on ice hockey for many websites concentrating on British ice hockey mostly. Neil also covers ice hockey in other countries and organises his Blueliner Hockey Tour. A graduate of the Manchester Metropolitan University Neil turned his hand to hockey writing in 2009. As well as contributing on Blueliner Hockey Neil has contributed to Get Real Hockey and Slapshot Magasine.

You may also like...