Flames Double Caps


Kruise Reddick scored late to break the tie and netminder Brian Stewart made his first appearance after more than 4 months on the injured list as the Flames secured a 4-2 win at Edinburgh Capitals.  John Dunbar opened the scoring less than 6 minutes into the evening on a powerplay and Jesse Craige had them a couple of goals to the good beyond the period’s halfway point. The Capitals pulled even in the middle frame, however, when Pavel Vorobyev cut the deficit to a single at 25:22 then inside the period’s last 5 minutes Dylan Anderson had it all square.  In the winner take all 3rd, scoring was scarce, but at 55:28 Reddick had the winner then Brett Ferguson scored into an empty net to guarantee a couple of points and a win in Stewart’s return to active duty. 


“We had a good opening period which included getting a lead,” said Milos Melicherik, “but Edinburgh played well not only in the 2nd period but quite well throughout.”


“Brian made some really good saves in the 2nd period off some excellent scoring chances the Capitals created.”


“In the 3rd we came out with a period more like the first and had much more of the possession, and the opportunities, and luckily that translated to a big late goal by Kruise to help us get the win.”


“Overall, we played well. I think as a group we helped Brian out while he settled in at the start of the game but he bailed us out several times throughout the night for a total team effort in getting road points.”


“A win is always a good way to start a long trek home where we need to be ready for Milton Keynes Sunday night.”


Neil Tucker

Neil has written on ice hockey for many websites concentrating on British ice hockey mostly. Neil also covers ice hockey in other countries and organises his Blueliner Hockey Tour. A graduate of the Manchester Metropolitan University Neil turned his hand to hockey writing in 2009. As well as contributing on Blueliner Hockey Neil has contributed to Get Real Hockey and Slapshot Magasine.

You may also like...