13 Man Mos lose out to Streatham in cup

result18_streatham_191117It was defeat for a shortbenched Invicta Dynamos on Saturday who fell 6-2 at the hands of Streatham in what was ultimately a dead rubber game in their final road outing in the NIHL Cup.

The Mos travelled still very short on numbers with Callum Fowler the latest player not to ice – leaving the Mos with just 11 skaters and 2 goalies.

Coach Kevin Parrish chose to rotate his netminders for this clash with John Dibble taking-up the position between the pipes. Dibble barely had time to blink before he was fetching the puck out of his net – the RedHawks going 1-0 up after only 16 seconds through Ryan Webb who blasted beyond the netminder after Michael Farn had teed-up his teammate.

A tripping call on Brendan Baird just before the 5 minute mark gave the Mos a chance to get the scoreline level and opportunities soon came and went to Arran Strawson and Josh Condren with the away side unable to grab that vital goal.

John Dibble was called into action on the 10-minute mark to deny Andreas Siagris from point-blank range with a save that ended-up being crucial as, moments later, the Dynamos got things level. A Ben Paynter charge at Seb Downing created a mass gathering of players on the ice and, once order was restored, the Mos scored straight from their powerplay – Ondrej Zosiak finding the net with fellow defenceman Arran Strawson getting the assist on 13.49.

The home side however restored their lead on 17.18 – Adam Carr beating Dibble from close range and Siagris assisting. The Mos had to defend the final minute of the 1st period and the opening minute of the 2nd frame a man short after Arran Strawson was caught slashing. Once back to full strength in the 2nd period Mos had John Dibble to thank for denying Adam Wood and then Ben Paynter but the RedHawks soon doubled their lead in the 32nd minute through Brendan Baird for 3-1.

Another save from Dibble, this time from Doughty, gave the Mos some hope but that was in vain when the scoreboard displayed 4-1 in the 35th minute – Alex Sampford with the easiest of opportunities after Ryan Webb cut the puck into the danger zone from the righthand side.

The Dynamos fell further behind within the opening minute of the final period – Aidan Doughty dispatching past Dibble after Brendan Baird distributed the puck from out wide. All of this was going on whilst the Mos were now reduced to 10 skaters with Arran Strawson the latest injury victim and taking no part in the whole period. The Mos lines fell below two in the 43rd minute following a check from behind by Brendon Webster on Andreas Siagris which left him serving penalties totalling 14 minutes. The now nine-man Dynamos now had their work cut out and it was of little surprise when Adam Carr claimed his 2nd goal of the night in the 46th minute, assisted by Siagris and Joe Allen.

The Mos did however register the final goal of the game in the 52nd minute – Tommy Ralph sending Louis Colvin into attack with the young forward passing to Scott Bailey to spin, shoot on the turn and find the target for 6-2. The final minute saw Invicta defending a 5 on 3 after both Scott Bailey and Tommy Ralph both served delay of game penalties within seconds of each other.

So another cup defeat for the hardworking Mos who were heavily short benched. Man of the match awards went to Dynamos’ John Dibble whilst Brendon Baird took the honours for the home side.

Written by Lee Allen.

You may also like...